Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Inside Jokes

We met my freshman year at Ricks. She was roommates with a close friend of mine from High School. Her apartment was referred to as the "Kennewick Girls", my close high school friend was from Kennewick, she was from Nevada. Neither of them referred to themselves as "Kennewick Girls". I was a Girl from Kennewick, but also wasn't a "Kennewick Girl", that term had started to become a derogatory statement...

I would go over to their apartment for a little quiet sanity time when it was just the two of them. We got to know each other a little.

Sophomore year, I was supposed to be roommates with my friend from High School. She decided to get married over the summer instead and didn't come back. Instead she sold her contract to her old roommate from Nevada. Thus began OUR friendship immediately.

Its so funny, we became such good friends, and had so much in common that we didn't realize the year before.


Inside Jokes We Share:
~a stack of pictures with us doing funny poses that no one is allowed to see except us!
~"Hello, Stranger of the World!"
~our half-birthdays
~"You're Fired!"
~chiropractor appointment trips to Idaho Falls
~"ya wackum" (you're welcome)
~the inside of the windshield frosting over while driving back from I.F.
~Sleepwalking
~Indigo Girls
~getting up at 3am
~"looking up at the stars, ...Moo"
~crying buckets over stupid boys
~"ya, you gotta laugh at yourself. Cuz you'd cry your eyes out if you didn't"
~Preference Dance. Eating pizza in the mirrored room of the Snow Building by candlelight.
~"its not a chicken, its a turkey." "No, its a chikin!"
~envelopes made out of magazine ads
~Bullfrog, Utah-Lake Powell
~Badger Creek
~Ghost Beads
~emails quoting Indigo Girls songs
~"that is NOT appropriate!"
~Belching at Wendy's
~visiting Logan during spring break
~" I don't know what happened...it just stopped ringing..."
~"Put that away!"
~visit to Logan and going to wake up fiance' super early for breakfast
~"You're an Idiot! Go to your Room!"
~whispering to her on her wedding day I was pregnant
~gold fish(plural) named Stew
~staying over and my kids chasing the ducks around
~meeting at Macaroni Grill for dinner. Will fell asleep at the table, Syd had a cold, and she was prego but couldn't say yet. (Though I suspected)
~ "IMpressive!" (emphasis on IM)
~dogs, and cats, and fish, and ducks, and chickens... and babies!
~"RANdom!"
~"It's NOT a Contest!"
~"Watch it or you're gonna get one of these in the head!" (Me pounding my elbow into my hand)
~ "You're the Breast!"

Funny Words:
~Nova Scotia

Words we declared "Not Appropriate":
~Purse
~Pantyhose
~Moist



"I love Stew." (I love you...)

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 2/01/2006 11:22:00 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------