Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Friday, January 20, 2006

Taco Bell, Taco Smell

Its been said, that when you live in a state like New Mexico and you have access to some of the best mexican food ever why would you ever bother stepping foot in a Taco Bell. Its almost considered a sacraledge to dare commit such a sin. But you know sometimes, you just want some quick, cheap, regular old tacos. And a lot of them. I must admit this sin was committed today.

My favorite part of Taco Bell isn't the food. Its the salsa packets. Fairly recently they've added little phrases to the front of the packet, just to keep you entertained while you are pouring that little bit of stuff onto your taco. Maybe I can be entertained fairly easily but these things crack me up. I'm going to give you a few examples of some I've seen, and then I want to know what things you would write to have published on a Taco Bell Salsa Packet.


"Does a Grilled Stuft Burrito qualify you for the carpool lane?"

"Hello."

"My best friends hang out on the menu board."

"Not to be used as a flotation device."

"Mi Salsa es tu Salsa."

"I M A HOT T R U 2?"

"you had me at taco."

"Mmmmmmmmmm.... Sauce."

"I want to be a waterbed when I grow up."


Okay, what can you come up with. The key is to remember to give the sauce packets personality. Let what is being said sound and feel like the packet is saying it.

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 1/20/2006 11:50:00 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------