Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Muppets Overboard

Today I made a quick run to Walmart to pick up a few things to finish a project I'm working on. I like to wonder through the movie department every so often just for fun. I was just about to walk away when something caught my eye.

Muppets Take Manhatten!

I love Muppets movies, I always have. When this caught my eye, I had to look a little closer. What did I discover? TWO Muppets movies for a low price of $10. That was a steal! I got Muppets Take Manhatten and Muppets From Space, for $10.84. WHO HOO! WOOT! and whatever other words you want to yell out in excitement.

I grew up watching The Muppet Show, I loved it. Yes, I may have been watching repeats, but I don't care, I still loved it. Now that I have added these two DVDs to my collection I'm all excited to find other Muppet Movies. But I can't remember the titles.

I remember one where Big Bird gets kidnapped, and they all go looking for him. I remember another where Kermit starts out in a swamp singing and it ends with everyone singing "The Rainbow Connection". And I don't know if this is from one of the two movies I already mentioned, or if its from a different movie, but I remember Kermit being in a french restaurant and the chef or owner wanting Kermits "frog legs" to be on the menu. Any help that any one can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I love how in the movies, the muppets are treated like any other "human", by the other humans. It seems to be nothing out of the ordinary to see a talking frog, pig, bear, and...whatever. I love seeing the cameo appearances of big name actors as well. It always cracks me up!

So today was spent sitting at the kitchen table coloring with crayola markers for a project I'm working on, all the while watching Muppets Take Manhatten and Muppets in Space. Every so often laughing to myself, or being amused when I discover Will too found something funny. We even used the "Saying Goodbye" song from Muppets Take Manhatten at the end of our our "end of the year" slideshow my first year at Ricks. Watching that part of the movie brought back memories of working on the slideshow. I felt like a kid again, at the same time I felt like I was back at college, but again at the same time I was excited to be sharing something I like so much with my son.


Posted by ABQ Mom :: 1/19/2006 02:35:00 PM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------