Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Budding Musician

So you know how I said I was afraid "W" would grow up to hate music? Yesterday I was in an Indigo Girls mood as I was driving to the grocery store. I grabbed my cd case only to discover the only one I had in there right now was a "Pickin' on the Indigo Girls: A Bluegrass Tribute". Its great for those moments where you want Indigo Girls but you're not in the mood to turn it up superloud and sing at the top of your lungs. Its very subtle and mellow and soothing. Just out of habit I turned to look back at "W" to make sure he was doing okay. He was sitting there bopping his head around to the music. Loving it.


About a minute later, while he was bopping around in his seat he said "Mommy, thats a violin, like what daddy plays!" He then was able to pick out the guitar, and piano with a little prodding. I was so excited that he was actually able to hear the different parts and recognize the instruments!

If you want to listen to a sample of what we were listening to click on the link below.
Click here to listen to 'Power-of-Two'
Upload Video and Images - Putfile

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 1/25/2006 03:56:00 PM :: 8 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------