Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Hiatus

In the Xanth books by Piers Anthony, there were twins, boy and a girl, named Hiatus and Lacuna. I only learned later* after reading those books what Hiatus meant, supposedly Lacuna means the same thing, I've never seen it used anywhere else. (*I forgot to mention that I started reading this series of books between the ages of 8-10, I've read them many times, and as I got older thats when I learned what Hiatus meant)

I feel I owe explanation for MY hiatus. I would say if I went out of town that I might have an excuse. But alas, I didn't go out of town.

You've probably noticed that some weekends I write less than other weekends. The explanation for that and for my absense over the past week and half have the same reason. My husband. Yes thats right my husband. He has every other friday off.

Most companies give you like every holiday off. You know all those little holidays that always fall on mondays. Like Presidents Day, Martin Luther King Day, Vetran's Day, and a few others. The company "S" works for, doesn't give you all those holidays off. Instead; they group them all together and the entire company shuts down from Dec 25th-January 1st. This year was no exception. "S" has been home December 23rd at 2:30pm through yesterday, January 2nd.

When he's home, my days aren't like they are when its just me and the kids. We're running errands, cleaning house, playing with the kids, things that don't allow for me to have my normal amount of computer time. I'm okay with it, because even though I miss reading everyone's posts, and IMing
Proud Mum during the day, I know that when I'm not on the computer I'm still happy because I know I'm spending that time with my family.

But at the same time I feel just a little guilty. Guilty I guess, because I feel like I have abandoned all my blogger friends. I may have every so often found a spare moment to write a quick post, but that wasn't a long enough moment to read my friends posts. Or if I do get a chance to read, I don't have time to comment. I know we all say that we don't write for the comments, but I'm sure everyone is just a little disappointed when they don't have comments on their posts. For that, I feel I should apologize.

Today was the first day "back to normal". Just me and the kids, and even that wasn't normal. It took a bit of adjusting to an entire day without daddy. The kids were a bit more needy and whiny today. I felt I needed to give them a bit more attention. Plus, "W" had got these cool disney learning preschool software for christmas. Today we tried them out. He seriously sat at the computer, playing these games (with me sitting next to him helping) for almost 4 hours. He LOVES them.

I feel its important to say that "W" fights us on everything. His name truly does fit his personality. He'll ask us what something is, and when we tell him what the correct name for it is he'll argue with us. He'll say "No, its _____". Same thing for letters, numbers and everything. It makes teaching him VERY hard. I'm not saying I'm going to sit back and let the computer teach my son, but MAN it sure made it easier for him to grasp what we've been trying to teach him!

I'm hoping that by the end of this week, things will start to even out enough that I can write, read AND comment on everyone's posts. I Pledge to you right now, that I will go back and read and comment on posts that were written during my absence. That I will make it up to you!

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 1/03/2006 11:21:00 PM :: 6 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------