Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

"Sy"'s Christmas Gift

When my son was born I received a ton of quilts and blankets. They all have blueish tones, or were really very boyish.

When "Sy" was born, I didn't receive any quilts or blankets, let alone anything girly. I was kinda disappointed but figured I would carry on anyway. I have used the baby blankets from when "W" was born for "Sy".

The past few months "W" has started to become a blanket hog. Every time I'd lay a blanket in "Sy"'s crib, "W" would come in and say that it was his, take it out of her crib and put it on his bed. "Sy" was getting left out in the cold, literally!

So on Saturday, December 10th I decided I would make a quilt for "Sy" for Christmas. I had quilting squares set aside to be used to make a quilt for her whenever I got around to it. I went to the store to get batting, thread and material for the back, and that night I started cutting out 300 4 inch squares. The longest part of the project was arranging the pattern so no two of the same were near each other. The sewing went really quickly from there. For the tying I borrowed an 18 inch diameter quilting hoop and just did little sections at a time till it was done. I finally finished it December 23rd evening.


I am very proud of this quilt, its really the best one I've done so far. I made the size to fit a toddler bed, so its a little smaller than a twin size quilt.

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 1/03/2006 07:22:00 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------