Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Good Stuff

Last week we went to the grocery store as a family. "Sy" was sitting in the cart happy as a lark, and "W" was purched up on top of daddy's shoulders. (Thats the only way he's happy, AND we have him under control!)

As we were going up and down the isles, and I was putting things into the cart "S" would keep commentary for "W". Describe the different items I was picking up, asking "W" what they are, etc. We walked into the cereal isle, I was looking for a specific brand of cereal that "S" and I like. When I found it, grabbed TWO boxes ("W" likes to ask for OUR cereal), and put it into the cart, "S" said "Oh, The GOOD Stuff!" "W" caught on to that little phrase VERY quickly.

For the rest of the shopping trip every time I picked something up and put it in the cart, he'd say "The Good Stuff!". (Now, you have to hear this little three year old say it, but imagine an 85 yr old man referring to Whiskey or something like that!) That was on Saturday, December 31st.

January 2nd, we made plans to meet with a couple at The Outback for lunch. As we were driving there, "W" kept asking for "The Good Stuff!", he wanted to drink it, and eat it, and go to the store and buy it. It was so funny to hear this phrase come out of his mouth that by the time we arrived I couldn't help but laugh outloud. HARD! We pulled up to the parking lot of The Outback, thats when we remembered, The Outback isn't open for lunch, so we went across the street to TGI Friday's instead. As we were standing there waiting to be seated "W" would point at every food item he would see and say "OH, The GOOD Stuff!" I was seriously rolling on the floor laughing. I guess thats where the ROFL would come in handy!

(P.S. This is my One Hundreth post!)

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 1/07/2006 09:40:00 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------