Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Monday, August 08, 2005

2 week hiatus

(originally posted on fishbowlinsider yahoo!group 8/8/05)
Today I resumed my 4 mile daily walks after a two week hiatus. I discovered that my shoes were not the right size for my feet when I found I had blisters UNDER my toenails! Very painful! I had to pop the blisters and then wait for the swelling to go down which took a week which was also very painful, I couldn't even walk across the house! Then I caught my son's cold, it was just a cough really, but it sure knocked me out, which lasted another week. Boy am I glad to be walking again. I got new shoes, and off I went. I really found that I enjoy exercising (Who'd a thunk?). I have more energy throughout the day, I feel better, I'm happier, and I have more patience with my kids! Not such a short fuse! (That in itself is a definite bonus). And I also have tons of fresh ideas for posts. I get my ideas for posts while I'm walking. I don't know if I have lost any weight in these past two weeks, I highly doubt it if not gained a little. I didn't do anything for two weeks, and I didn't exactly follow my diet plan either. We'll just call these past weeks a lost cause! But I am ready to start afresh and anew today, and when I reach my half-way mark of loosing 15 pounds I plan on rewarding myself. For Christmas I received as a gift from my sisters-in-law. A 1 hour massage, and I haven't used it yet(I know you're thinking, why not? I just kept forgetting I had it). When I reach my half-way mark I WILL MAKE that appointment for my massage and give myself a well-deserved treat!

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 8/08/2005 09:55:00 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------