Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Sunday, July 17, 2005

One Year Has Passed

(originally posted on fishbowlinsider yahoo!group 7/17/05)
Today we celebrated the birth of my daughter. She turned 1 year old. All yesterday and last night I remembered back to the day I spent in the hospital in labor with her bound and determined not to have a repeat c-section. It seemed like all odds were against me,but finally after 26 hours of labor, she was born. 7 pounds, 12 1/2oz, 20 1/2 inches long. She was born at 3:03am Saturday July 17th.I have to admit looking at my new daughter I can't imagine not having a little girl. But the truth is, I was scared to death from the minute the ultrasound said I was having a girl, till the minute she was born. You see, I am the oldest of three and the only girl. I grew up a tomboy, and my entire first year at Ricks was like culture shock. I didn't know how to live with other girls. So I always imagined that I would have a whole herd of boys. Have my own basketball team or something. I didn't know what to do with a little girl. But now, a year later, thinking back to my silly fear I laugh at myself. I look at my daughter, the sweet thing she is and can't imagine how I would have survived if I had another boy twenty months younger. Please don't get me wrong theres nothing against my son, its just he's all boy, I might have gone insane, him times 2. He is very forward, and adventuresome(strong-willed you might say!), whereas she is very laid back,and easy going. (Sound anything like us at Ricks? Can you guess which one is alike?)It will be fun to see what the next year has in store. Today, she is one year old, but still has yet to cut her first tooth, or take her first step. There will be a lot of milestones to hurdle for my little girl as she ventures on towards her second birthday. And I look forward to every day and what it brings.

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 7/17/2005 08:21:00 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------