Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Monday, July 11, 2005

a step back

(originally posted on fishbowl insider yahoo!group 7/11/05)
So Saturday I went on my morning walk like normal. But this time I wore a pedometer so I could see how far it is exactly and how many calories I burn on my walk. I thought the distance I had been walking was 5 miles roundtrip. How surprised was I when I stepped in my front door and looked down at my pedometer to see that I had only walked 3 miles. I thought, the pedometer is wrong. It wasn't reading accurately. I'll drive it in the car and see what it says on the odometer. How disappointing when in my car it also said it was only 3 miles distance. What a total bummer! My little pedometer also said I only burned 180 calories on my walk. Thats even more frustrating... Anyway, I won't let it get me down, after a few more weeks of walking this distance I'll explore another bike path and circle back around to my regular walking path to add on a little bit more distance. Also I discovered that the novelty and thrill ofriding in the stroller is now gone for my kids. Not only do I have to practically beg "W" to get in the stroller, the entire distance I'm asking them to be nice to each other, specifically "W". Hes almost 3 and "Sy" will be 1 next sunday July 17th. Its very tiring asking him to be nice to her the whole way. I hope that this eventually doesn't frustrate me to the point that I don't want to walk anymore because my kids no longer get along with each other while in the stroller...

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 7/11/2005 07:53:00 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------