Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Friday, October 20, 2006

Bats and Pumpkins

While my parents were here visiting we went to the pumpkin patch for my son's field trip with his preschool. I posted pictures of it on my flickr page. We also took a few days and went down to Carlsbad Caverns. I didn't take pictures there but my mom did. You can see them here.

It was an interesting trip, with my 24 year old brother who is claustrophobic and a two year old toddler that wanted to walk "by herself" and a four year old that wanted grandma to take a picture of every single thing he saw.

We went to the cave at dusk to see the bats fly out for their evening meal. It was really cool, too bad they didn't tell us that it would last over an hour, we weren't allowed to have cameras, cell phones, or video cameras on, and we had to be absolutely quiet.

So I have no photographer evidence of the bats leaving their caves, and we didn't even get to see it to the end. My little two year old was really having a hard time with the whole whispering thing. It was cute except for all the dirty looks we received from those sitting around us.

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 10/20/2006 09:21:00 AM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------