Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Made with Love

As if this glorious day couldn't get any worse! I go ahead and top off the day!

I burned RICE! Yes, that's right you read correctly, I burned boiling white rice!

Don't tell me how I did it. I started it to a boil and then completely forgot about it. It wasn't until the burning smell reached my nose that I realized what I had done. I went running into the kitchen to see the entire room full of smoke and smoke rolling out of the pan as well! It must have boiled over getting the water onto the burner, and then it boiled all the water right out of the pan! Here is what it looks like.

Every window and door is open in the house, all the fans are running full blast, everything stinks of smoke. I figured this being such a rare occasion that I mess up dinner. ;-) I better capture it in film. Here is the side of the pot. As you can see it burned the outside of it as well.
I didn't want to put the pan directly on our outdoor table so I stuck it on a scap piece of sheetrock that happened to be out there from the bathroom remodel. the pan was so hot it scorched the sheetrock.


It looks like we're going to be having plain burritos without rice for dinner tonight...


Posted by ABQ Mom :: 9/13/2006 05:18:00 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------