Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Thursday, September 07, 2006

What's in the bag?

I saw this on Alyson's blog and thought it might be kinda fun. The question is posed :What's in your makeup bag? Then you show using pictures what's in your bag.

Here is my makeup bag. As you can see it's not even a bag. I have used a plastic box ever since I was in college, it just made for traveling so much easier to have it all in a nice waterproof box. This is actually the second one I've gone through since college. My first one had a hinged lid and the hinges had finally broken off.

Here is my makeup bag with the lid off. Everything I need to do my makeup fits perfectly in this little box. If it doesn't fit I don't really need it do I?

I have always thought my eyes were my best feature. I love my eyes, I've never thought of them as exactly green. I've always said their hazel but that was until I learned what a true hazel eye looks like. So now I just say they're green. Because I think my eyes are my best feature I try to enhance them. This is a picture of all my assorted eye makeup. My 7 eye liners on on the left. They're all covergirl self-sharpening pencils. They just seem to go on the best for me. In the middle are all my eye shadows. They're from Merle Norman. At the top are two mascaras, the smaller one was a free sample from Merle Norman and the other is Revlon Fabulash. I am always trying out new mascaras looking for the one that makes my lashes look the longest. I won't be buying this brand again. It comes out all clumpy but so far it doesn't go on my lashes very clumpy. Next to the mascara is my eyelash curler, and below that is my favorite makeup item ever. It's an Automatic Shadow Base. It's a cream that you put over your entire eyelid before applying any shadow. It helps the shadow stay in place and keeps the shadow from settling in the creases of the eye. On the far right are my shadow brushes. Biggest to smallest from left to right.

These are my lipsticks, chapstick, lip gloss and lipstick pencil sharpener. The lipstick pencils are from Merle Norman, there is lipliner on one end and lipstick on the other. Next to it is softlips chapstick. The tube of lipstick was a free sample from Merle Norman. On any given day I will use these in any combination depending on how much or how little color I want on my lips. On an average day I will usually just wear lipgloss or chapstick.


During the summer I don't really like to wear foundation. It feels thick, and I perspire on my face quite a bit and I just want something light. This summer I have opted to use the sunless tanner on my face. Then a little powder to just there's no shine. I have my blush brush, with more sample containers of blush and bronzer. I don't use the bronzer very often. The tube of lipstick is also used as a quick way to add color to my cheeks without using a powder. Just apply to the cheekbone and rub in. After all the makeup has been taken out of my makeup bag this is what is left at the bottom. Lots of clips to help keep my hair out of my face. I've discovered that I'm also starting to get a collection of my daughter's clips in my bag too.

It wasn't until 2 year of marriage that I learned the proper way to apply makeup, along with the colors best for my eyes and skintone. I love going to Merle Norman because I can sit at the counter and they will help me with every single thing till I walk out of the store happy that I have found the colors that work best for me. I don't wear makeup everyday, but on the days when I do I apply it only once in the morning and that's it. Part of being a woodwind musician is accepting the fact that you don't get to wear lipstick. It would always be all over my clarinet reed by the time I'm done. Chapstick is a clarinet player's best friend, so when I do get to put lipstick on, again it's only once and hope it lasts.

I've now shown you what's in my makeup bag. What's in yours?


Posted by ABQ Mom :: 9/07/2006 01:30:00 PM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------