Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

New Record

Yesterday I believe W set a new record for causing me frustration. By 9:30am he had already broken his sister's baby doll stroller that she had gotten for her birthday and hadn't even had for a month yet, AND while I was putting it outside in the trash can snuck out the front door and took off down the sidewalk. Seriously there are times that I believe he has picked up on the traits of our old dog Jack. You know the little nursery rhyme "Can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man"? That little cookie man would be my son. It frustrated me to the point of tears. I walked back into the house and waited for him to come back in. He runs down the sidewalk hoping I'll chase him, if I do chase him he'll just run farther and faster. Just like a basenji.

A short while later a woman in my ward called. I've mentioned her before she's the one the kids refer to as "grandma jill" she's babysat them, and she's the one that did the Lake Powell picture for my hubby for Christmas. She had borrowed a couple of coolers for her family reunion last week and was on her way over to return them. She walked in and could tell I was having a bad morning. She turned to W and said "Go get your shoes. You're gonna spend the day with grandma jill". She took him with her while she ran errands all over town for 4 hours.

She called to check in after 2 1/2 hours. I asked how everyone was getting along. She told me that he was quite the "chatterbox". He had been talking nonstop. She then said "I can see that he is very bright. That might be the problem, you have to keep him busy that keeps him entertained or he gets bored and he finds something else to entertain himself which menas he ends up getting into trouble." Wow, she had him for a couple of hours and she nailed it right on the head! "She then said, "preschool is going to help out a lot."

Which leads me to my next story...
Posted by ABQ Mom :: 8/16/2006 08:11:00 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------