Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

When did I grow up?

Examples I found while visiting my parents in Washington and my In-Laws in Idaho:

1. I can no longer walk across the gravel driveway barefoot. I'm amazed my kids can do it. I think it has something to do with the amount of weight per square inch or something.

2. I now inspect my mom's flower beds for ideas and plants I might want cuttings for my own flowerbed instead of weapons of war to use on my brothers.

3. Raspberries are no longer to be eaten off the bush. They must be taken in the house, washed, mashed, a little sugar added and put on shortcakes with cool whip.

4. Climbing up on top of the monkeybars is impossible. No seriously, to stand on the steps and jump/pull myself up wasn't an option, all I could think about was jumping short and hitting my boobs on the bar! There was always the hook the legs on the bars and shimmy up between the spaces like when I was a kid. That no longer works either. I could barely get my legs up on the bars, and there was no way my booty would fit between the bars!

5. Sitting in a chair and watching the kids play in the wading pool is more fun that actually BEING in the cold water in the wading pool.

6. Washing the car is for getting the car clean, not for sun-tans or water-fights.

7. Flowers look better on the plant then picked.

8. Bathtime is for getting clean, not staying in till you're a prune and shivering.

9. Mowing the lawn is fun.

10. Taking one minute to put on sunscreen is SO much better than spending a week nursing a sunburn and peeling skin.

11. Sandpits are just dirty.

12. Confetti party poppers just make a huge mess that has to be cleaned up.

13. When did the swings get so small and low to the ground?

14. Parades are crowded.

15. Getting stuck in a whirlpool in the middle of the river is scary, not fun.


I'm sure I'll think of more later. Oh and this is my 200th post!
Posted by ABQ Mom :: 7/11/2006 06:33:00 PM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------