Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A beautiful morning

The day only started an hour and half ago and I am already SO ready for it to be done!

I had such great plans for today. I would wake up happy, while W ate his breakfast I would type out the post about the motivation behind starting my blog and enrichment last night after I got dinner going in the crockpot. Later on we would go to playgroup at the park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My hubby has been having a hard time at work. Personality issues. He has a PHD "boss" that's over the projects he works on, he has his manager, and he also has a Safety Inspector that watches over him when they're out at the test site. It's this safety Inspector that is driving him insane. My hubby is a very laidback quiet type, he'll get things done, at his own pace, and usually its very good quality work when it is done.

This Safety Inspector is a micro manager to the Nth degree. He drives my husband and everyone else in his group completely crazy with his constant questioning about when they are going to do something. Something so simple as "are you going to pick up that wrench and put it away?" For the past two weeks he's come home from work with that sick knot tightening feeling in his stomach. Dreading having to go back to work the next day and deal with this guy all over again.

Monday he finally snapped, he told the guy off, told him he wasn't the only one that felt that way and that he would appreciate it if he could show him a little respect. The guy was totally shocked, and ran off to the PHD over my husband and another PHD, luckily management wasn't involved. But yesterday was the showdown, my husband had to meet with the PHD and the safety manager and they all had to "kiss and makeup". Being the sensitive, quiet person my husband was, having everyone in his building know that he had stirred up trouble made him feel worse then the actual confrontation.

To try to ease my husband's suffering I took the kids to enrichment with me last night. I finally got them off to bed at 9pm. Miss Syd didn't get a nap last night, and didn't sleep well last night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

W woke up at 7am this morning. I woke up with a positive attitude, got him some breakfast and set about to start on dinner. It's this delicious, beef & chipolte burritos that have to cook in the crockpot. Anyone who's cooked in a crockpot knows that you gotta give that baby time to cook. 7:30am start time, 10 hours cooking time would put it ready at 5:30pm right when we would be ready to eat dinner. I dumped the meat into the crockpot and opened the cupboard for the can of diced tomatoes. Couldn't find it, search the pantry, still couldn't find it. Okay, well I knew that I was going to have to make a quick run to the store to get a can of tomatoes. Just then Syd woke up. I brought her out, let her eat some cereal and then got their sandals on so we could run to the store really fast.

That's when it all broke loose. Both kids started crying hysterically. I had no clue why. I got them into the car, they're still crying. They cried to the corner grocery store. They cried as I got them out of the car, and when I put them in the cart they started to cry even more, harder and louder. I walk into the small, quiet grocery store, where all 10 people in the entire store turn and look at me and my crying kids! I hurried to the aisle where the canned tomatoes were, grabbed 2 @ $.75/each and hurried to a checkout line. There was only one register open. And all 10 people in the store were lined up in front of me. The kids are still crying as loud as they possibly can, and believe me they can cry loud. I stood there in line trying to quiet them down, at this point they were just looking for reasons to continue to cry. "I want candy. I want donuts, I want a toy..." They would ask for things, because they knew I would say NO just so they could cry louder.

By this point I'm thinking "I'll just make something else for dinner, I'll come back and get the diced tomatoes later", when the manager of the store ushered me over to another register that they were opening. The cashier asked me how I was doing I said over my crying kids "Oh, I'm good. And if you believe that then..." The manager was standing behind me in line and commented "by this point they've probably forgotten what they're crying about right?" I thought in my head "No, you would be wrong, they come up with new reasons to continue to cry", but said "Ya probably" grabbed my receipt and the cans of tomoatoes and rushed out of the store. I got them back into the car and hurried home. They were still crying as we pulled into the driveway.

We walked into the house and I headed directly into the kitchen to start putting everything into the crockpot. Syd was still crying, by this point I started to cry too. Oh, you think I lost it didn't you? You think I started to cry because my kids had pushed me over the edge? No, it was the onions.

"Oh, what a beautiful mornin',
Oh what a beautiful day.
Oh, what a glorious feelin',
Everything's going my way."

(I'm sorry that it seems like the only time I write about my kids is when something has gone horribly wrong. But I guess that's when I feel I need the outlet the most. I do love my kids and there are moments when things are going good rather than bad, I promise.)

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 9/13/2006 08:34:00 AM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------