Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Monday, September 18, 2006

His Talent

He has always had this amazing fascination with cars. I guess I don't really have a problem filling that desire either. Ever since he was big enoug to push a car across the floor his fascination with having them in order has developed as well. We would often walk into a room and find all his cars lined up in perfect order like in a parking lot. We've seen them lined up two by two like a traffic jam. We've seen the cars grouped together by size, color, style (car or truck) and even specific type (all the Ford trucks over here please).

As he's gotten older the complexity of his orders has grown. It's been very interesting to follow. He has often freaked out if his little sister messes them up, and gets frustrated if the cars won't line up the way he would like them to.

So I guess this afternoon really shouldn't have come as much of a surprise. While sister was taking a nap and I was doing some internet searches he was playing quietly with a few of his cars. I heard him make many trips between the toy box in his room and the living room. He even came in and asked "do you see any more of my cars?" I helped him find a few.

About 30 minutes later he came in with a big, proud grin on his face and asked "Mommy come look at what I did!" He took me by the hand and led me out into the living room. He ran and jumped on the couch as I viewed his masterpiece. He grinned even bigger as I smiled, giggled a little and told him we should take a picture.

Every single one of his cars has been lined up perfectly around my kitchen table. He's attempted to line his cars up on my table before but usually it was one long line that began on one end of the table and ended on the other. This is a new level to his talent.

Who knows, maybe he'll be a car salesman, or a parking attendant or something along those lines when he grows up. :-) I believe he has the potential to become anything he wants to, including an engineer or designer or a rocket scientist that has absolutely nothing to do with cars, whatever the field I'm sure he will have a mind for organization and order.


Posted by ABQ Mom :: 9/18/2006 04:15:00 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------