Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Monday, November 14, 2005

Proud as a Peacock

Its the right of any mom to be proud of her kids. Just as a warning to all those "Anti-Mommy Blog" people out there, this is one you won't want to read...


The other day as we were walking in through the front door of the house, my son pointed at the pumpkins by the front door. He said "Look, Mommy, Four pumpkins, 1, 2, 3, 4. Four Pumpkins." I was so proud! I have been working with him on his numbers for awhile, he knows the names of them all but when it came to actual counting he'd do it his own way. "1, 5, 3, 6, 8, 2, 4, 9..." I know this may not be a big deal for other moms, but it was for me!


For about a week now he has been playing "Peek-A-Boo" with his little sister in the car, and at dinner time. Its so cute, and I love that he's playing nicely with her. Its what I always looked forward to with kids, the cute things. Some days it seems like there is nothing but yelling, fighting and tears, so on days like this it makes me really happy. Yesterday while trying to get him dressed for church he was playing "Peek-A-Boo" with me. He kept saying "peek-a-boo mommy", over and over. Then completely and totally on his own he said "peek-a-boo Winnie-The-Pooh". I giggled and thought, wow, he just found a word that rhymed. Again, no biggie to anyone else, but I was so proud!


"W" has been singing a lot more lately. I'm proud of him just for that. But yesterday at church his Nursery teacher said he did very good. He played well with the other kids, he was nice and respectful, and he participated in singing time. The funny thing is, she said, is that he was always a couple of notes behind. My thought is that he was waiting to hear the phrase before singing. Thats my only explanation for him constantly being behind. But he participated, he sat still, and he sang. I was so proud!

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 11/14/2005 12:34:00 PM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------