Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Something I saw today

I saw something today while driving that struck ODD with me.

I was driving down the road. I pass a Ford F-150, I look in my rearview mirror and a beaten up Toyota Tacoma came up behind me very quickly. After I pass the F-150 the Tacoma quickly passed me as well. Across the top of the windshield was the word YAMAHA, and sticking out of the back of the pickup box were two poles with two flags, one with a United States Flag and the other was a Confederate Flag. I'm all for the United States Flag, nothing wrong with that. The Confederate Flag, though, always makes me think of KKK members, white supremists or Southern Pride type people, someone that would never be caught dead buying or using something not made in the U.S.A. But here this man was driving a foreign made Toyota Tacoma sporting the word Yamaha across the windshield. Usually a truck with a confederate flag would be an old beaten up Ford or Chevy.

Just something I noticed that struck me funny.
Posted by ABQ Mom :: 10/26/2005 08:27:00 PM :: 8 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------