Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Ode To Washington


When we were first married, I would often have days where I would get really down and miss Washington State. A lot! We often talked about where we wanted to live when "S" was done with school. Since his family is in Idaho and my family is in Washington we often talked about somewhere in between. Do you know whats exactly middle between Kennewick, WA and Shelley, ID? Boise, Idaho. Not a bad town, actually its a great little town. But we knew that we couldn't completely determine where we would move when school was done, it all depended on where he got a job. And after 9/11/2001 we would be lucky to be offered a job at all!

My husband and I both worked for the same company.
Cox Communications. At least thats where we got our paychecks from. I actually worked for CableRep Arizona, (now named Cox Media) which was the advertising side of Cox Communications, at the other end of town. He worked in North Phoenix, and I worked in Downtown Phoenix. During the day we would write emails back and forth to each other. Continue conversations that we had from the night before, or just send each other little notes to make each other smile. It was fun.


I think he sent this to me one morning after I had a bad cry the night before during the first year of our marriage.

I am not talking about the president at Valley Forge,
I am not talking about the city on the east coast,
It is the beautiful state on the Columbia Gorge,
It is even better than I boast

With wonderful seasons, all four,
The state abounds with fruit and greens,
And sagebrush and aroma, rain and more,
Wind and shine and many pretty scenes,

Most of all, friends who care,
Sadie who misses you, and family too,
Peace and silent nights fill the air,
And sometimes horsy, llama, and cow pie --Pee-Eww
Shane loves you.

Water abounds not from local skies,
But underground and in a glittering river nearby.

Small town Washington girls and boys go away,
But in their hearts they know they will be back someday.




(This is Sadie)

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 11/10/2005 10:16:00 AM :: 7 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------