Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

things kids say

My sons favorite argument right now is "The Suns Awake".

Its so funny to hear my own phrases used against me. I used to tell him when he first turned two that when the sun goes to bed then its time for him to go to bed. Then as I left the room I'd say "see you in the morning when the sun wakes up".

Now when he wakes up early (too early for me) in the morning I ask him to go back to bed. He says "No Mommy, the Suns awake!" If he catches us trying to catch a few extra ZZZZ's in the morning or pretending to sleep on the couch he comes over to us (this happens to my husband more than me) and says "WAKE UP, NO Sleeping, daddy the Suns awake!"

And if I dare ask him to take a nap, its the same thing, "Mommy, Look(as he pulls back the darkening curtain and points out the window) the Suns Awake."


Tonight my husband had to work late. Usually he's home by 4:30pm but tonight he didn't get home till 7pm. For our little family thats really late. If he doesn't get home before 6pm the kids won't see him till the next day. They go to bed at 6pm.

Tonight my kids went to bed like normal. No big fights. But 30 minutes after closing the door of my sons room I heard him burst into tears. He was crying for daddy. I told him Daddy had to work late tonight. He started crying harder. I told him Daddy will be home all day tomorrow. (we're planning on taking a vacation from the city life tomorrow. to be explained in a future blog.)

He just said "want daddy hugs, want daddy kisses..." It was so sad. I finally asked "do you want to go for a car ride with daddy tomorrow?" He said "yes", while trying to choke back tears. I said to him "the sooner you go to sleep, the sooner it will be morning when you can play with daddy all day". He excepted that, stopped his tears, rolled over on his pillow and went to sleep. I'll have to make sure to tell my husband how much he was missed for bedtime tonight...

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 9/20/2005 07:15:00 PM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------