Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Monday, September 19, 2005

Creepy Crawlies

While the kids were playing outside,
a little lizard found his way into our house.
tried to catch him and put him back outside,
he kept running under couches and chairs,
stereos and VCRs.
Finally caught him, the kids wanted to see.
But you know that defense mechanism that lizards supposedly have?
Well, Its true.
While the lizard was in my hand he tried to jump away,
he detached his tail at the same time.
In one place is a tail wiggling all on its own,
in another place is a lizard running away.
Finally caught him again,
set him free in the flowerbed outside.


Cooler Weather Outside = More spiders inside!

I am not a big fan of spiders,
ask my mom, dad and brothers, they'll tell you.
My mom has said that I would catch rollie pollies, and worms as a child.
I won't go near a spider.
Last night before going to bed we killed two in our bedroom,
in less than 30 minutes.
Hobo Spiders in Idaho are one thing,
Yes they're scary,
Yes they chase you,
but NO they can't climb walls.
Our spiders here LOOK like Hobos,
but they can climb walls,
and hang from a webline.
My roommates in Rexburg always designated me the Hobo killer,
even though I was scared to death.
Here, I'd rather kill the spider,
then find it in my bed.

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 9/19/2005 08:57:00 AM :: 5 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------