Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Something about Chocolate

I guess its true what they say. Girls love their chocolate...

Last night I made a german chocolate cake. That is a chocolate cake with coconut pecan frosting. I'm not a big fan of pecans but I love this cake! I discovered that I'm not the only one. Of course my husband likes it, its chocolate, and my son likes it, its cake. But today I discovered my little girl likes it too.

We had a small piece this morning. One plate, one fork, three mouths, you know how it works.


Tonight I made dinner. Fetticine with a sun dried tomato alfredo that I kicked up a notch by adding bacon and garlic cooked in oil, and a seasoned breaded(paprika, black pepper, and thyme with bread crumbs) chicken breast and garlic bread. Yummy! My daughter ate quite a bit and seemed to love it but before I thought she was really full she just stopped eating. She was crying and screaming. I took her down from the high chair and she just wandered around the kitchen screaming and crying. Every so often she's stop and look up at the counter. Like she was still hungry and looking for something else to eat. It was so strange. She ate a few more pieces of chicken off of daddy's plate but then refused to eat anymore but she was still crying like she way hungry.

Thats when it occurred to me. She was pacing the kitchen looking up at the kitchen counter where she knew the chocolate cake to be. She was a girl who needed some chocolate! I laughed to myself as I dished up a small piece of cake. Sat down at the table pulled her up to my knee and fed her some chocolate cake. She was content to sit there and eat her cake, not another peep was uttered from her lips. She even contently tapped her fingers on the table between bites.

When a girl wants chocolate, a girl wants chocolate and nothing is going to stand in her way! If only we all could be so vocal about our chocolate fix when its calling to us...

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 9/29/2005 06:08:00 PM :: 3 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------