Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Writer's Block

I have Writer’s Block…

I like to take things literally. Maybe that’s from reading too many
Xanth books by Piers Anthony. He has a thing for Puns.

My writer’s block isn’t necessarily the inability to come up with something to write. While walking in the mornings I am bubbling over with ideas. But something (or someone) PHYSICALLY blocking me!

Every time I come up with a topic to write about, that’s the time that its least likely I’ll make it to the computer to actually put my thoughts into words. There’s always something blocking me. I need to do the dishes. My daughter needs a diaper change. My son is chasing Jack (the dog) around the house. My husband just came home and its time to start making dinner. Then its bath and bedtime. WHEW! Now I can finally sit down to the computer and write down my thoughts. Ya, right! my daughter isn’t quite asleep yet and cries for me every 20 minutes, my son keeps getting out of bed… Okay, NOW I can write. Everyone’s asleep!


Its too late, my thoughts are all scattered and I should go to bed too. I guess I can try again tomorrow. Maybe tomorrow I can get around my writer’s blockers.

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 8/27/2005 07:49:00 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------