Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Monday, August 22, 2005

Backyard Safari

(originally posted on fishbowlinsider yahoo!group 8/22/05)
In the past week or so we have seen a wide range of different animals either in our backyard or while on our morning walks. My son has had the chance to see roadrunners, monster-sized ants (seriously they could be from a horror movie), a butterfly the size of a bird, a toad, a praying mantis, a jackrabbit, lizards, a hawk, hummingbirds, blue jays, ground squirrals, and prairie dogs.
Its been a very eventful week for my daughter as well. Last wednesday she turned 13 months. The saturday before she started taking her first steps, and the day after turning 13 months she FINALLY cut her first tooth!

Today marks my 8 week check-in for starting my weight-loss/exercise program. In the first 4 weeks I lost 7 pounds. I am sad to say that the past 4 weeks have not been as successful. Because of different things that have come up this month, this month has not gone well. I am at the same weight I was at my 4 week mark. Good thing is, I know I gained a couple of pounds back during the past 4 weeks, so at least I'm starting the 3rd month where I started the 2nd month. So I have a long way to go to make my half way goal of 15 pounds after 3 months. But on the brighter side I have gained a nice tan from walking and playing tennis. I am no longer the pale, sickly white that I was at the beginning of the summer. :-)

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 8/22/2005 09:34:00 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------