Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Thursday, August 18, 2005

A.M. Radio Talk Show Host

I have this thing about me. Maybe you can call it an illness I don't know. But I hate losing touch with someone. A few years after leaving Ricks I wanted to get back in touch with all my music major friends. I started a newsletter! That was back in 2002, and it only lasted a few issues. In February of this year I reinstated my newsletter. Along with it I started a yahoo!group where we could share in each others daily lives. Its called the Fish Bowl Insider. All of the previous posts made on my blog were originally posted on the fishbowl insider over the past few months.

This is one of them: (posted 8/18/05)
I told my husband about the Pizza Poll I just put on here. He just compared me to a local talk radio host and how he comes up with new topics for that days shows. Some of them are really off the wall, and its pretty funny to listen to. Especially Friday afternoons during the 5 o'clock hour which is ALWAYS the "Hour of Rage". People call in with their rage (something that really irks them) and whoever has the best one at the end of the hour wins a gift certificate to a restaurant or something. If I HAVE to listen to Talk Radio, I don't mind listening to this guy. Maybe thats where I get my inspiration for coming up with different topics to talk about on here... Just like Jim Villanucci some topics are a big hit and gets lots of callers and some are a complete bomb and go unnoticed. but hey... "its a work in progress..." (thats from Monsters, Inc. I've obviously watched that with my son WAY TOO MANY TIMES!)

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 8/18/2005 10:26:00 PM :: 1 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------