Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Friday, May 12, 2006

RANDOM!

When I was at college I had become famous for using the word RANDOM alot. Okay I was famous for it in the Music Department and in my apartment. It was funny though. I loved saying it and I loved that people knew it was my word. It's funny how some of my favorite words and phrases kinda phased out once I left college. I used to say "You're Fired!" quite a bit too. It was great to use on friends and family members. Some would "argue" with me saying they couldn't be fired from being my friend or whatever. It didn't work so well once I was in the work force, people didn't know I was joking. They would say something like "you can't fire me." That phrase didn't last long, people didn't get the joke.

**************************************

Wednesday I walked to playgroup at the park. I pushed W and Sy in the stroller. I put sunscreen on them and on myself. But I guess on myself I didn't put it in the right places or enough. My upper arms are fine, I got sunburns on my forearms, backs of my hands (from pushing the stroller), the tops of my feet and my toes (from wearing my teva sandals), and the fronts of my shins (from sitting on a bench talking to the other moms.) You would think after almost 4 years in Albuquerque that I would learn that I burn easy and fast here. Being at nearly 5500 feet in elevation it makes the air thinner and we're close to the sun. I.e. I get sunburns!

*****************************************

Yesterday was tennis day at the park. I remembered my sunscreen! Today was volleyball day. We had a lot show up today. We were actually able to play 6 on 6. Usually its more like 4 on 4. I found myself diving more today than I have ever. I got some good sets up and I received some good sets for some great kills. I'm very competitive, I've mentioned that before, and it just feels so good to play a good game!

******************************************

I've discovered that our little squirrel friend we've been seeing actually lives IN our backyard! LITERALLY! A few weeks ago we noticed a hole. We thought it might belong to a prairie dog or something. The other day I watched as our little gray squirrel friend was running around in the backyard. He was stealing strawberries and attempting to eat the flowers off my petunias. I'd bang on the window when he tried that. I watched as he stole a strawberry and ran up the cinder block wall. He was running along the top when he dropped the strawberry ran down the wall after it and right into the whole that I thought might be the home of a prairie dog. I caught him running into that same hole a few times later on in the day as well.

*****************************************

Our bathroom remodel is coming along. I just updated my bathroom remodel blog. There are 4 new posts all with today's date. Stop by and check if out if you like.

*****************************************

My husband's string quartet has 7 booked gigs for the month of May. They've had one already, and another 6 to go before the month is up. Then they have like 3 for June and 2 for July currently booked as well. I'm not sure about August, I think at least one. Maybe as we get farther along in the summer those months will start to pick up too.

*********************************************

If anyone ever decided to come visit me in Albuquerque I would suggest the first weekend followed by the first full week of October. That is Balloon Fiesta time in Albuquerque. Its in the fall, the weather is cooler but still very pleasant, and when else can you see over 700 hot air balloons all at the same time!

********************************************

Random is a great word. I should start using it more often. But then again it was fun to say it for many different people. The only people I'd be saying it to now are my husband and kids. They'd probably get tired of it pretty quickly.

I love quotes so I thought I'd share one too.

"Your future depends on many things, but mostly on you."
~Frank Tyger

Posted by ABQ Mom :: 5/12/2006 02:23:00 PM :: 11 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------