Life of an Albuquerque Mommy

Monday, May 08, 2006

Backyard Friends-Update


Two mornings in the past week my son and I have spent a good amount of time sitting on the floor looking out the window to our backyard. What are we watching you wonder?


Oh one of these:

We have a new little friend. Its a happy little cottontail. This morning in particular we sat and watched him hop around in the yard for a good 30 minutes. We watched as he dined on his private little backyard buffet of all our plants and flowers. My son happily watched him hop around, worried when he couldn't see him and excited when mr. cottontail would appear from behind some flower. I watched to verify which plants he was filling his tummy on. He seems to prefer the big leaves of the hollyhock plants. He can't do too much damage to those so as long as he doesn't invite 20 of his closest friends for a party both my son and I will remain happy to watch him hop around in our backyard.


Posted by ABQ Mom :: 5/08/2006 08:36:00 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------